Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Monday, January 16, 2006

Another Name

An urgent drum beats
Your name in tattoo
As you walk over to me.
My every spoken syllable
Spells out "sleep with me",
And yet you only smile tenderly.
"Go slow" the smile says,
And I reply like a child
Celebrating Christmas,
"I promise to go slowly."
You laugh suddenly, and
I realise that I have
Heard laughter many times,
But not like this.
I have loved many times,
Kissed many times,
But with you my love,
For all these things
I have to find
Another name.

Read more of my poems >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.