Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Friday, August 24, 2007

Footprints

"Girl with a Backpack" by Kate, writing from Toronto, Canada

I have an all-time favourite story that I'm particularly fond of because it has helped me through some rough times in my life. Whenever I was losing my faith and feeling down, this story would always somehow come to me. I would hear it from someone or read it in the book store or gift shop. It's like a reminder that God is always there for me. I could literally feel those words, as if I was the one having these conversations with Him. It got me through the darkest moments of my life. I'm sure I am not the only one feeling like this toward this story. I think it has made a big impact in people's lives.

Footprints in the Sand by Mary Stevenson

BeachOne night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with God. Across the sky flashed the scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belong to him and the other to God. When the last scenes flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints on the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. This really bothered him. He question the God about it.

"Lord you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most, you would leave me."

God replied, "My son, my precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Other guest contributions >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.