Things in December
- There is only one American president, but all former presidents are correctly addressed as "Mr President."
- A lawsuit was brought against US President-elect Barack Obama for being too British to become president of the United States.
- British monarch King Edward VIII, who reigned for only 11 months, was seeing a mystic known as "The Yorkshire Yogi" during the abdication crisis in 1936 over his wishes to marry the American divorcee Wallis Simpson.
- Claus von Bulow, acquitted of twice trying to kill his wife with insulin injections in the 1980s, currently lives in London, where he writes book reviews.
- A shooting in 1985 led to years of violence in Greece, where young Greeks are nurtured on a mythos of martyrdom.
- In ancient Greece, the philosopher Diogenes lived in a tub.
- Japanese people do not see cleaning as a demeaning or shameful job.
- The Sydney Opera House in Australia was inspired by a peeled orange.
- A UK study suggests that men of higher intelligence tend to produce better quality sperm.
- Catching a cold sore can put you at risk of Alzheimer's disease.
- The bosses of a man suffering from manic depression turned up at his bedside to make him redundant.
- A survey suggests highly religious people are suspicious of science.
- Dogs get jealous.
- December 2008 will last one second longer than December 2007.
- You can buy a Jesus piggy bank for