Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Invitations

Invitation

I call to my goddess:
come to me, undress me,
I am weary
from your long journey,
let me drink deeply
from your creation,
your heated skin
is my medicine
,

I promise no other's caress
will wipe the sweat
from my praying brow,
for I bow now only
to welcome your coming
my goddess
, I call ...

but there is only silence.
And it slowly kills
the believer when there
is no answer to the prayer
of love's invitation -
like a melody or song
left to hang in the air,
I call: come my goddess,
for I'm dying here
,

for nevertheless this
foolish faith still needs
its distant deity
to show piety: so I call:
come and be
the meaning to this
starvation's name, or be
like death and strike
without shame
,

come and undress me,
I am weary
from your long journey,
let me drink deeply,
your heated skin
is my medicine,
for I am your creation
.

Read more from The Boy and His Goddess >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.