Five Things of Control
- Belgium's lower house of parliament has voted for a law that would ban women from wearing the full Islamic face veil in public.
- In the aviation industry floppy disks are still used to update firmware on ticket printers, while there is a theory that much of the water in Earth's oceans was delivered from space.
- Children lose the ability to suckle when their milk teeth fall out.
- There is a Californian shield law that states journalists have the right to protect their unpublished material from examination.
- The continuing spread of a deadly disease that affects the UK's native oak trees is causing concern among tree professionals and conservation groups.