Five Things of Deal
- Cinema advertising company Pearl & Dean has been sold for £1.
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, the dominant motion picture studio in Hollywood from the end of the silent film era until the 1950s, is going bust.
- A convicted murderer in the US state of Utah has chosen to be executed by firing squad.
- Islamists have warned the creators of TV show South Park they could face violent retribution for depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a bear suit.
- France's justice minister has called for legal action to be taken against a man who was photographed wiping his bottom with the French flag.