Ten Things: Did You Know...?
Is cocoa good for the brain?/Giuseppe Colarusso (top image)
- Drinking cocoa every day may help older people keep their brains healthy, research suggests.
- Dolphins, as well as calling each other by name, have the "longest social memory" among non-humans.
- A dead shark has been discovered on the subway in New York City, transport officials have confirmed.
- A couple are suing police after armed officers raided their home following reports of a man holding a gun which turned out to be a TV remote control.
- In recent months hardline Buddhist groups have mounted violent campaigns against Muslim and Christian targets.
- A social networking site where comments were posted to a 14-year-old girl who later died after "web bullying" says it will help the police investigation.
- Actor Jim Carrey has distanced himself from a violent film he acted in because he could no longer support the project following the Sandy Hook school massacre.
- A worker on sick leave had a tracking device placed on her car by a private detective hired by her bosses.
- While on the West Coast of America methamphetamine (crystal meth) is a drug of deprivation, in London it's the preferred drug of affluent gay men.
- Researchers believe studying the tiny organisms living deep underground could help them to understand whether life could thrive beyond the Earth.