Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Have Won

though you may take
and steal from me,
it is I who benefit;
for you cannot break
         what the eye cannot see,
nor am I dependant
on the stories you try
         to write of me;

my words are my spirit;

which is stronger than
any limited capacity
         you try to force on me;

what beats in this heart
is a mystic ancestry, come so far
your blindness fails to see
that through these veins
your blood flows, too;

and what you steal
you lose;

for when lives no longer depend upon
truths we claim to know
that twist in our interpretation,
I have won;

when understanding
becomes a compulsion
to break every assumption,
I have won;

when violence fades with the night,
sacrificed for the silence
of the rising of the Sun,
I have won.

Read more from Handprints >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.