Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

This is the Name

This is the name
my father gave me;
entrusted to carry
as my mother bade me;
and I know of no other
ever since their life
breathed into me.

This is the name
our son takes from me,
entrusted to carry
as his mother carries him,
to know of no other
from the time his life
breathes into our home.

This is my name,
it's all I have of me
to give to you freely:
and if you'll be my wife,
I vow to this family
to carry you all my life,
so, will you marry me?

Read more from Unlocking Eros >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.