Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Pinch Me

Let me get the metaphor
out of the way quickly:
you are a blood red bruise
on my arm that love has pinched
tightly, capillaries bleeding
purplish-blue through my veins,
and I want you deeper in me;

don't leave the blood to darken,
my love, pinch me nightly,
revivify the bloody stream
that constantly pulls me to you,
pinch me in this dream of being
alive to wake next to you;

pinch me to get the metaphor
out of the way quickly:
for I am a softened bruise
on an arm needing your touch
nightly, my breathing
feeds you through my pores,
tell me how deep you want me.

Read more from The Body Gospel >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.