Ten Things: Did You Know...?
Notable news nuggets earmarked from the week.
- A large asteroid the size of the Rock of Gibraltar has passed safely by Earth.
- After pop icon Prince became a Jehovah's Witness in 2003, he excised swear words from his music and never played Sexy MF live again.
- Pop star Katy Perry is facing the wrath of Indians online after uploading an image of the Hindu goddess Kali with the caption "current mood".
- Shakespeare's Globe, which opened in 1997, is a reconstruction of a Shakespearean theatre on London's Southbank.
- Founded in the Holy Land in the 11th century to protect pilgrims travelling to Jerusalem, the Order of Malta is now a Catholic charity with a global reach, operating in conflict zones and areas struck by natural disasters.
- The Dubai-based airline, Emirates will reduce flights to five US cities from next month, after new security rules targeted travellers from the Middle East, north Africa and Turkey, while in other news, flight attendants have revealed that the most annoying passengers are Yogis.
- Microsoft founder Bill Gates has warned if the UK abandons its overseas aid spending pledge it would reduce the country’s influence in the world and mean more lives lost in Africa, while also warning a bioterrorist attack which could wipe out 30 million people is becoming increasingly likely because it is easier than ever to create and spread deadly pathogens.
- More than 50 sponsors have withdrawn ads from a Fox News show achored by Donald Tump supporter Bill O'Reilly, amid claims he sexually harassed female colleagues.
- Police in Northern Ireland have detained a Chihuahua with "serious anger issues" for "jay-walking" and biting officers' fingers, while a video of an American ten year-old autistic boy being arrested for assault at his school has been posted online.
- A Muslim father's unwavering support for his teenage daughter if she chose to not wear a hijab has grabbed online attention.