Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Thursday, May 20, 2004

inhuman human

I've looked humanity straight in the eye. I've spat in it's face. I've cried tears of blood, rallied cries against it. But what frightens me the most is that I recognise the face I hate so much. It's mine.

This is me. That female soldier giving a thumbs up sign beside the body of dead Iraqi in that photo is me. The suicide bomber taking innocent lives in an Isareli cafe is me, the destruction of Gaza and the massacre of innocent Palestine children is me.

How can we all be human? Is the umbrella of humanity so wide?

Yet, I don't understand why I just can't separate or distance myself from it. But I know I have to change it.

This isn't a rant. This is a cry for help. For the love of love. Someone hear me.

<< back to The War In Iraq | Poetic inspiration >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.