Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Saturday, October 09, 2004

A Thing Called Love

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with.

I am going to generalise here, but this goes to all the experiences I've had with the women in my life.

Why is it in a relationship, after a certain amount of time, women want to push for a definition of what we have? Whenever something good is found, when you find another's skin that feels so right upon your own, when things seem to be going at a good pace, why do women want to give it a name and place a bolt on it? And the more they ask, the more they slowly chip away at what is there - the quicker that there will be nothing left to save.

Even though I've begun with one stereotype, let me defeat another in relation to me: This has nothing to do with men being frightened of responsibility or wanting to sleep around.

Just do not suffocate my love by pushing it in a cage it will not fit.

If it was meant to have reached the stage that you are pushing for, it would have got there already.

The writer Ursula K. LeGuin expressed that "Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made, like bread, remade all the time, made new..."

Don't attach dead weights to a relationship. Let it breathe. Let it live.

So, if you love me, set me free. And I will come back.

<< back to my posts on Love

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.