Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Monday, March 03, 2008

Poolside

I work my mind tinkering
melodies, memories, fragments
of youth, emptying haze marking
a solstice end like an abandoned
swimming pool. Cracked floor
deflecting sounds that call to me
from the disused poolside.
Fools dive in. The thoughts swoop
off the edge, fall into the shallow
abyss undissolved. Landing
on its tips, the rim of pain
ripe as the sun. I engrave a eulogy
to my first love in a space that
that gets smaller all the time. I sit,
sometimes restless I hammer,
there is no way out but to
towel off tile dust, and jump back
over the side.

Read more from Writing Sounds >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.