Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Escape to Athens

Athens skyline

when my poems no longer
could hold your light,
I escaped to Athens -

I listened to haunted winds
call you name, could hardly reply
to say the same
,

my denizens looked for you
in its mirrors of gold,
in its seas of antiquity,

I chased the billow of city smoke,
scented as though its was your
heady perfume on my pillow
,

like its street children in hunger,
around the city's sights
your memory followed my journey,

I became the stone of the streets,
just so I could feel the touch
of your feet once again
,

in its evening, alive and warm,
the aroma of passion burned
as day slipped in a dark cauldron,

I shone amber in shadows
punctured by the dying sun
in its final strokes
,

I brewed in Athena's nights,
looking for your picture;
goddesses reflecting scripture,

and yet there was no place
I sensed you more
than when you awoke in me
.

Read more from The Boy and His Goddess >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.