Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Not There, Not Here

An Empty Bed

one

I am not there;
you cannot see my eyes,
or hear my voice now,
saying my lady
cloaked in a thousand sighs,

my touch no longer travels
your breathing skin
to quicken your breathing
from deep, deep within
to light up, up inside -

you are not here,
the stars no longer care
whether the moon is there,
in such dark, wide skies
cries are louder, more clear.

two

I am not there;
like those uncaring stars
there is no choice
but to distantly shine
even though so far away,

how we try, but we cannot dim
a breathless voice whispering
to still imagine love near
from deep, deep within
to light up, up inside -

you are not here,
but flowers still bloom
in the merciless sun's loom,
and no memory can hide from
its burning destiny, or you and me.

Read more from After Love >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.