Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Divan for Dying

Dying on a Divan

When you left, I laid out a divan
for dying, and waited to die
from the wrong,
                  but I discovered
that even if you're not near me,
just knowing there's someone
like you in the world
is enough to go along,

I don't know who'll watch
over you now, or lie down with you
at the end of a long day,
                  for I may bolster and bluster,
but I'm just a foolish boy
that cries over a song
when it talks of you away.

God my body misses you.
That's all this is supposed to say.

  1. Finding Faith
  2. In a Frenzied Sea
  3. Goldenrod and Wild Asters
  4. Desire Talking

Read more from The Body Gospel >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.