Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Finding Faith

shadows retreated
into the haze
of oily lamp-lit smoke,

fire striking earth,
a physical ignition
never failing to provoke,

your skin's reflection
as curved as
the narghile's glass belly,

I touched you as though
you had some power
to explain my soul to me,

I held you, I smoked you,
a secret flowing within
the natural stain of love,

we drifted like the
rising smoke, and eyes
looked down from above,

I lay on your body,
a divan for the dying
looking for faith again,

lips buckled in
a gentle suckle,
you took away all pain.

A Divan for Dying: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.