Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Friday, April 17, 2009

After Love

After Love

one

how wonderful it was
to have lived life with you! -

a touching wind
on the belly of the sea,

dipping, drowning,
never really lost,
until of course I lost you.

how terrible it is
now to never know

what our son would have been
with your beauty, my brain,

and our equal strength,
watching him feast
on the life we gave the sea.

two

a new born stranger
to have loved as self,

to have placed in him
all our love letters

rather than in notes
on a shelf. Giving back
my heart to itself.

now expectant, empty frames
lie where our pictures should be,

and the heart waits
for elation to come

in a melody that reminds
me I once knew love
and swam in its sea.

three

in some darkened place
I always listen

with eyes closed to music
always remembering,

always hoping for you,
songs sent as wishes
over an invisible periphery

for you to come and find me
as you left me. Even the yearning

gives me pleasure,
for heated tears warm

the disembodied parts of me
that sing your melody in tune
with the dance of the sea.

Read more from After Love >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.