Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Monday, June 29, 2009

Hidden Ruins

1

you fell asleep,
slipped clear away --
as far as the deepest root
and open wound --

into some torn midnight,
ripped open the belly
of the clock that measured
our beat; stopped

the noise on the street,
your fuzzing shine
was as filament
to these eyes; now

they're starless skies as
my limbs are candle
wick, burning sticks,
no where to go

that will not show
imprints of a head
which shall never grow
old next to mine;

2

you fell asleep
amongst hidden ruins
I cannot find,
though I try; and

I wonder why
you didn't think
to throw crumbs
for me to follow,

or signal how I might
wake you, save you from
lying lonely in its dark,
how shall I find you? --

should I fall asleep, too,
to be as near as sorrow
and as far as the bow
that loosed its arrow,

or should I wait to be
plucked by a scarlet wing,
as I heard my heart sing
Love has no ending.

Read more from After Love >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.