Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What I Am

when our physical laws frame
and our aspirations help tame
the natural world, why
is death still a riddle?

how is it a lifeless piece of wood
was once a living tree? what could
have made the raw materials of
living things come alive in me?

science tells me of tissues,
of organs, and pulsing muscles,
yet it fails to tell the story
of what makes this me --

am I just a bag of chemicals, or
more than their sum? for
I am made of blood, of bone, but
it does not make me what I am.

Read more from Handprints >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.