Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Monday, September 07, 2009

Handprints

Hands of Father and child

what will I leave you
as a legacy my son? --
but everything I own
in the prints of my hand,

that life has drawn and
in which you will dip
when you reach out
to hold or stand;

I will leave you the words
with which it has
written and that you
will change and expand,

and the touches too,
that you'll make your own;
and though it might
seem an empty land,

know that finally
and honestly my son,
I will leave you all
that I am in this hand.

Read more from Handprints >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.