Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

I Curse You

I curse you to "be undefined"
-- or fat or skinny
whichever is not your type;

I curse you to slander
and to generated hype.

I curse you to an anxious temperature
and the fear of depression,

I curse you to a kitchen
with a stocked pantry
lost in a hungry and lonely house;

I curse you to a refrigerator
with not much more in it
than bottled water and lettuce;

I curse you to your poison
and the cartons of cigarettes
you'll smoke to feel thinner:

I curse you to blur in the river
of your bathroom sink and
the crusted vomit under the rim;

I curse you to slim disdain
to chew and spit you out,

I curse you to pain,
so sleepless the nights
won't knock you out;

I curse you to a story
well below your dreams;

and I curse you to be happy
just to know what it means
when you never find joy again;

I curse you to keep this curse
as your one and only friend.

Read more from The Book of Rage >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-24. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.