Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Saturday, April 17, 2004

About This Blog

This blog is a journal about me, about my creative works and my views on our world and the current events that inhabit it. It's been around awhile, and has had its fair share of problems. I closed it on November 7, 2010 and reopened it as a result of the Gezi Park protests on June 4, 2013.

It developed from a blog initially opened to answer a question for a friend (whom I called "B" for the blog's purposes) and to archive a body of work on pop singer Tarkan in English, to a place where I archived myself; a journal I'll give to the son I hope to have one day.

On Saturday, February 9, 2008, it reached its 1000th post and celebrated it's 4th anniversary in the 4th month of the same year, along with Shakespeare's 444th birthday and the election of Barack Obama, America's 44th president.

Still in with the number 4, the blog's design was initially based on my 4 golden rules and the manifesto under which it was run is comprised out of 4 main points, too.

It may also only be coincidence that I was born in the Year of the Rabbit, which is the 4th animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac, with its lucky number as - right you guessed it - 4. And if you believe the numerologists, my destiny number calculated from my full name is also the number 4. Uncanny, huh?

Here's where you'll find bits about me:

Tarkan at Tarkan Deluxe®

Tarkan is a singer of my generation. I'm an admirer of his works, but not a fan in the sense that this blog is for him or to idolise him. All information pertaining to the star is to help those non-Turkish speaking fans find out more about the artist and his works.

Tarkan Deluxe was part of a body of work spanning four blogs (including this one) and spread over nearly a decade of helping Tarkan fans find Tarkan, with contributions from fans, journalists, magazine editors, authors, etc,.

Here's where you'll find bits about Tarkan:

  • Read how the love of Tarkan fans got me into this in 1999 - To All Things a Beginning Part 1 | Part 2; and
  • Check out the Tarkan related information archived at Tarkan Deluxe at the Tarkan Main Index page.

The World at Tarkan Deluxe®

And finally, as no human is an island unto themselves, so, too, contributions from others and news around the world now and again took part in the drama that was Tarkan Deluxe.

Here's where you'll find the guest appearances:

Summary of Links

My Photo

I, Man. No more or less than you. On the same adventure, just a little different than you. Learning with the wonder of a child, ageing with the grace of God.

Read more quotes from Ali | Read what Ali has to say

------------------------------------------------

Search the TDL Archives

If you are looking for information about something specific to do with me then you can search for it in the blog's archives.

Loading
Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.