Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

A Day in the Life...of My In-box

Let's have a look at my in-box shall we? Hmm, what do we have here? Spam, spam, and some more spam...ah...what's this?


Hello there...

It's been a long time since we spoke and I really hope you're doing well. I just wanted to let you know that in the Cyprus referendum I voted yes because I really want a solution to this problem that has turned us against each other for so many years. Unfortunately though, my views and opinions are not shared by the majority of Greek Cypriots because of all the manipulations that have been going on by our "government". I'm truly saddened by that and I cannot begin to explain how disappointed and betrayed I feel by my own people. After the NO from the Greek Cypriot side I honestly don't know when the next solution opportunity will present itself.

For the first time I feel ashamed and embarassed for being a Greek Cypriot and I would like to apologize on behalf of the Greek Cypriots that have voted no because our President does not want a solution at all and has influenced the majority of his people.

I have decided to move from Cyprus as soon as I find a job abroad (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be in the very near future). I don't want to be associated with Greek Cypriots anymore. They are all hypocrites and selfish individuals who are only interested in their own personal interest.

I don't know why I am telling you this. I guess I just felt the need, ...

(No need to comment on things that speak for themselves)

<< Do you want to read more about the Cyprus Issue?


Dearest Tarkan.

My name is xxxx and I am South African, I have visited Istanbul in 1997 and fell in love with your music. I think your're fantastic and your latest album is the best. You are quite well known in South Africa too, do you think you will every come here to perform? Waiting with bated breath for your English album...

(No comment *sigh*)


Hi. Please tell me are you married or do you have a girlfriend? If not, I would like to apply for the position! I can suck the skin off a snake and I'd love to show you how! I am xxxx, xxxx, xxxxx and I will xxxx you silly all night long.

(err...anyway, moving swiftly on...)


Hi Ali, my name is xxxx and I got to tell you, man you rock. Secondly, I need to ask you something...are you Tarkan, disguised as someone else...?? Because only he can be so charming! Then again may be it's because you are Turkish.

... ...

Hello Ali!

I want to thank you for putting the link to my forum on your wonderful site (all my forum-friends were excited with the news!).

Thank you very much for describing all the way of getting news about him, I really appreciate this! I knew about some of the sites you named, but you helped me a lot.

Thanx for all you've done!

Hugs, ....

(Yeah, I think to myself, sometimes it's worth it...sometimes...)

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.