Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Mother's Day

Ali Yildirim's mother

Dear Mum,

I write this letter to you as the only one who truly knows me.

You are with me when I close my eyes at night, when I am asleep. You wake with me. You worry if I am fed each day.

I never have to doubt that you will love the ever-changing image that I see in the mirror each day. You will love me and trust in me no matter what I may look like, or what I may do.

I do not have to dress up for you.

Your own love does not come at a price. You have patience. You have faith in me.

Whatever I may do, or whatever I may become, you give me strength from the knowledge that you will always love me. Even if we are parted by time, distance or life, I will always be your son.

And I am always proud to have the honour every Mother's Day in celebrating the world's greatest Mother.

I love you Mum.

<< Want to read about my father?

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.