Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

In the Back Seat

child asleep in the back of the car
If someone were to ask me the definition of security and trust, it would be that of a child sleeping in the back seat of the family car as it is journeying back home.

Aged six or so, I remember those times on the weekend when my parents and I would journey by car down to London from Northampton, and the drive back home was sometimes the best part of it all. I would sleep the most peaceful sleep, safe and secure in the back of the car, with Dad at the wheel.

Moments you never want to end find a way of ending all too soon. The only way to make them carry on is to make someone else live them.

<< Read more: About my life | My Parents >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.