Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Patch of Dirt

I gave you a patch of dirt,
A corner of my heart
That is yours forever.
Stamp you footprints
In the soil, grow
Whatever you wish;
Summer garden
And geranium borders,
Winter parks
With evergreen bloom,
A vegetable garden
Growing your favourites,
Or abandon it, and
Let the grass grow under
Your feet.

This land is yours,
Where you'll be buried forever.
Whatever you build on it
Is up to you, erect houses to
Sell to the highest bidder,
Or pitch tents and
Keep communions open air,
You can dig a trench, jump in
And shoot at me from afar,
Or lay down a blanket
And call me to bed,
Brick yourself in
If you feel the need to,
Or shout at dividing walls
With rebellious graffiti.

Really all I did was give out
A patch of dirt,
The rest is up to you.

Read more of my poems >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.