Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Catalogue of Beauty

The Beauty of Small Things

waking up beside your lover to
watch them in a lazy yawn,
walking on a spring lawn
stirring with seedlings,
holding small hands
clutching at kite strings
pushed by gusts of windy song,
God is in these small things.

eating crisp, warm bread
with piping hot tea on
ice-frosted evenings,
and sharing the meal with
a hungry friend,
giving a smile
more than receiving,
God is in these small things.

keeping happiness every day
for others instead of you,
realising the beauty
of lesser workings too,
letting truth shine out
modestly from within,
God is in these small things.

____________________

Beauty Is Two

"What do you find
beautiful about me
?"

you asked me once,
our hearts waking

intermingled with
boundless reception,

as though phones
just about to ring

on the brink of
physical connection,

mouths synchronised
to one breathing,

I replied, "That I
belong to you
."

____________________

Your Beauty

A strand of your hair,
lying on the curve
of your neck,
that light mark
that my lips greet
on your thigh,
your fingers
that retell me
with every touch,
this is a catalogue
of your beauty.

A strand of your hair,
lying on the curve
of your neck,
that light mark
that my lips greet
on your thigh,
your fingers
that retell me
with every touch,
this is a catalogue
of my beauty.

Read more of my poems >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.