Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Gifts of Love

Christmas To Me

glittering jitters,
rustle of soft tinsel,
searching for gifts
under evergreen bushes,
falling for you was like
Christmas to me,

a completed wish list,
dreams turned physical,
riding warm
across a skin of snow,
bells a-ringing,
hearts ploughing,

how inclinations
would grow
as the clock struck
midnight to stir
ember expectations
in a glowing hearth,

you'd tie me up
with multicoloured ribbons,
as I unwrapped you,
a royal yuletide feast;
loving you was like
Christmas to me.

____________

Four Things of Beauty

When I was a boy,
back then in a
new garden,

I saw the first
beautiful thing
I would ever see.

A blushing rose
opening upon
the stem,

velvet edges
touched
with spring.

When I was a man,
in the call of
the wild,

I saw the second
beautiful thing
I would ever see.

You in full bud,
ready to open
upon the stem,

velvet edges
yearning to
bloom with spring.

After that I knew
I'd only ever see two
more things of beauty,

you in a wedding
dress and our
child's smiling face.

____________

Everlasting Gift

It's amazing how
even in your absence
you still remain;
to my loneliness
you signed your name,
brewed my thoughts,
distilled to only
the taste of you,
this is your gift
to me, essence
everlasting.

Read more of my poems >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.