Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Friday, December 22, 2006

Poems to Last

The Learning Curve

my mind traveled to
that four-letter destination
with the disorientation
of being in a foreign country,

an ever-increasing dizziness,
other's kisses started to feel
like purchased poems - shared
but not completely mine,

only your lips ritually filled me;
beckonings to taste you loudly
taxied the man in me to
lost thoughts of you lingering on

the edge of this learning curve;
a new culture in which I grew
to question all that made me cry;
my remainder a constant reminder

that without you I'm the least part
of a poem of its own; we're greater
objects of our universe when no
particle of our soul sleeps alone.

____________

Original Thought

you resurrected
this heart with a touch,
swept away autumn leaves
falling on the chest
of a living grave,

and showed me
that love holds
no reservation
when it's right,
because it is our right;

you defined that
communicating desire,
not mere appetite,
is the essential human
relation with the world,

and showed me that
angels do not need
heavenly disguises,
a recurring theology
in any anthropology;

no original sin,
only original thought
in a humane philosophy,
your love is the only
religious doctrine

in this human sphere,
the one science taught
for this natural world,
the only currency
I won't exchange,

the centre of my circle,
the definitive cosmology,
fortelling a time
to talk, dance, laugh
and not for letting go.

____________

A Poem to Last

you are a poem to last,
I'll never write
a better one;
you'll always be
my poem to the last.

Read more of my poems >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.