Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Friday, December 01, 2006

Tempting Words

A Wish List

I want you to be a mountain
to lean back and
feel you protect me
when the seas get too rough

moutains are hard to reach
let me be a boat for you
to crawl inside
and rock to safety

I want you to be a dog
a devoted hound that rips
the foliage of the sky
when you walk by my side

dogs are easy to tame
and bark at a mere noise
l'll be a lion that waits
to roar with royal poise

I want you to be my hero
with arms strong enough
to hold me when I cry
and to carry me when I fall

true heroes have stronger hearts
that hold and carry you
constantly night and day
so that you'll never fall

________________

Temptation of Words

when you ask if I love you
the question mark

leaves splinters
embedded deep

in the thumb of my mind,
needling small things hurt,

when we give in to the
temptation

of unnecessary words.
Never ask if I love you,

only ask
how much I do.

Read more of my poems >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.