Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tarkan in Hello! Magazine

By Adelind Osmanlı reporting from Munich, Germany

TarkanTurkish newspaper Hürriyet's supplement Kelebek reports that Tarkan has appeared in weekly celebrity magazine Hello! (Turkish edition).

With three magazine photographs of the singer and under the reporting of Faik Kaptan, headlining "Tarkan Has His Sights Set on the Grammies", it runs as follows: (translation by Ali Yildirim)

Turkey's international star Tarkan's greatest dream is to win a Grammy Award. Giving the good news that he is preparing a new album, pop music's famous voice has spoken this week to Hello! magazine about his dreams and forthcoming surprises: "There's a few awards I've won in Turkey. Aside from them, I was presented with a gold disc at Cannes and a World Music Award in Monaco. I'd like to win a Grammy Award. That's an award that symbolises success internationally."

Two Albums on the Way

"In the spring I have plans to release a Turkish pop album and am thinking about an English album for America. I'm going to be in Los Angeles for a short period just to see how things go. I might record a few new songs, or do some English versions of the Turkish songs, and add some acoustic numbers. I really hope I can do well over there, because it's my dream to be successful in America. I made an English album so everyone in America could get to know my music."

Single on Valetine's Day

Tarkan flew to England on Valentine's Day yesterday for meetings over some future projects. While wishing everyone a happy Valentine's Day, Tarkan's six-year-long partner Bilge Öztürk was not with him. Before boarding the 09.10 British Airways flight from Istanbul to London, Tarkan said, "We're going to be working on a few projects. I don't want to say anything about them for now. They're going to be a surprise."

<< Diva Does Tarkan | Tarkan News Index | Support for New Singer >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.