Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Body Absence

I do not fear death,
I fear your absence more;

what is death
but a closure of eyes,
a last breath;

the worst of which
is a sleep
too long without you,

but know this,
my love, oh my love,

that even in parting
the thing separated
from you

will not be this heart,
only this physical vassal;

love cures death;
making its finality
simply a body absence
and nothing more,

but your absence,
my love, oh my love,

is the absence of all;
a closure of
heart, mind and soul,

how can I fear death,
when you absence
is so much more?

Read more of my poems >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.