Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Words to the Core

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."
Pietro Aretino, 16th Century satirist

"All we have to fear is fear itself."
32nd US President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, written in Room 776, the Mayflower Hotel

"Being unforgiving is like drinking poison or waiting for the other person to die."
US drama Ghost Whisperer (Season 1, Ep. 8, "On the Wings of a Dove", 2005)

"The only time I have ever been close to suicide is since they put me on these orders and I was at my lowest point."
Cerie Bullivant, British Islamic convert mistakenly believed to be a suicide bomber

<< Want to read more about words?

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.