Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Small

I'm small;

as the rain that clings
to our faces like an old lover,
or a spider's gossamer
broken on the hedgerow,

I'm small enough
to fit into the palm
of the heart,
and make it grow.

I'm free;

like an unsheltered ripple
on the great font
of the sea's calligraphy,
or a crocus' bloom,

I'm free enough
to count seconds that
rush to their death,
and to my final doom.

Read more from Handprints >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.