Five Things of Selection
- A prominent Philippine businessman has resigned from a prestigious academic post after he was found to have made a speech plagiarising well-known figures.
- The first TV advert to tackle the issue of suicide is to be aired during commercial breaks in Scotland.
- The residents of Pompeii who died in a volcanic eruption in AD79 have been put on display in Italy showing them in the last moments of life.
- Bells have been cast at the Whitechapel Bell Foundry in east London for more than 400 years.
- The ox wagon is a symbol of South Africa's white settlers and how they trekked inland from the Cape to found the old Boer republics which were swept away in the Boer War.