Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Last Candle

love is the last candle we burn;
for when its light dies
       we have no other
with which to break the dark,
       or to spark into life the passion
that turns the black to white;

and you are my last candle, my love;
the only one I shall ever light,
the only prayer I will ever speak,
       for love is the last prayer,
the only hope of the child lost
in the deepest of night;
       and love is its own saviour
that comes to fight your corner
with disregard to its own life,

and I will die for you, my love,
as long as I can live in you;
for you are the last candle
       I shall ever burn in homage
to something new; and if I am to die,
then let me die bright
       knowing I've loved you;
let me shine to the last in the nova
of a dying star's living memory,

for you are my last flame
to which I warm-- that outshines
       even the burning of the sun,
so make love burn in me to the last,
       take me, take me, until we sleep
together in the dark as one.

Read more from Unlocking Eros >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.