Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Time Spent Reading

Every night you take me
to sleep inside you, and hidden
as you hold me close to you in the dark
you sleep inside me, and awaken
all the things I never thought could be;

and in the time spent reading

each night you show me
the verses inside you, the written
and unwritten that join in unequal parts
to speak to me, and lay open
all the things I could never hear in me,

-- and the time is never wasted,

every night you lead me
through new roads in you, paths taken
that lie in between the truth we read,
where the heart knows to need
all the things the eye is blind to see.

Read more from Writing Sounds >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.