Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Monday, September 21, 2015

You Are Here

1 - I love you. You are the sentence
That need speak only once.
When the night is distance,
You are here somewhere,
Near the pulse of the ear.

I hear you. In the silence,
The words beat in prayer.
Breathing as I breathe,
My lungs take you in as air.

2 - For love is a life for a life
Infused with soul. You must be
In here somewhere near,
For I hear your music, wife.

For how else can I be living it?
That song you sing to me,
Still sings to me when far: You are
My sole sentence in the night.

3 - For how does body go against soil
That holds all until the end
Of time? How does one resist love
And not lose the mind?

Like the original harmony of trees
Living in their leaves, your veins remain
Wrapped around me; you are the outline
That defines me:

4 - I speak to hear you talk,
Laugh to watch you smile,
I live only to walk
By your side awhile.

Read more from Unlocking Eros >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.