Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Thank You

The Making Moves Tarkan documentary has been updated, with new information and pictures. It has a Turkish and English section.

The first-ever listed* Tarkan photoblog, Tarkan Visual is now open. Its galleries are updated at least once a week. When a new picture or gallery has been added, it will show on the Tarkan Visual Main page.

All the photos are free to share. None have been watermarked with the Tarkan Visual logo because none are owned by me. A few are watermarked by the original owners. Only photos of medium to high quality are added to the blog.

Tarkan Translations has also been updated, with new and revised translations added for almost all of Tarkan's Turkish releases. It is not finished. Updates are continuing.

Flash player is required for the Tarkan documentary and the translations.

It is obvious from all the effort gone into these projects that it isn't all my own work. For one thing, I don't have the time. I would need to be at my computer 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

So, I need to say a big thank you to all those people that have helped and are still helping in the update and completion of these Tarkan projects currently under development. To all those who have shared their photos for the Tarkan photoblog, to all those who are uploading the galleries for me, to all those who are constantly checking and re-checking links and doing quality control for me (I know I am a horrible perfectionist), thank you.

Special thanks must also go to my own Tarkan Team:

Sergio Pagnacco
Jorge Vazquez
Vincent Benevento
Susan Lois
Mark Smithson
Christos Kas
Murat Dilek
Emel Sancak

Last but definitely not least, a big thank you goes to my sister-in-law Ayfer Yildirim for checking my Turkish spelling and grammar in the Turkish section of the documentary. She is currently doing her national duty by teaching village children in Urfa.

Track progress updates: 1 | 2 | 3

______________________

*Amendment at 11:58 P.M: Well how quick do these posts get replies? No sooner did I publish, than mails about this post have been coming in. I thank Lucy once again for her hard work filtering through the mail, too.

But I also have someone else to thank, a Miss Leila from France. She was one of the first to write and quite rightly remind me that my photoblog Tarkan Visual is NOT the first Tarkan photoblog. Her own Tarkan photoblog, which she shares with a friend, is proof of this. So, I have amended mine, to the first ever listed at the largest photoblog database.

Plus, doing a quick bit of research shows me that there have been many Tarkan "photoblogs", maybe not exactly a blog in the strictest sense, but still with the same vision. I applaud them all.

Thanks also go to Leila as she reminded me of my old photo gallery I had published in Flash. I realised we'd missed out on a few images in the collection and sent them to the appropriate people to upload on to the photoblog.

Those who know me will know that I've always said how much I respect positive critiques. It is help like this that can only make us become better. I really appreciate it.

Now...while I'm in the thanking mood...anyone else?

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.