Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Sunday, October 01, 2006

The L.A. Interview

By Adelind Osmanlı reporting from Munich, Germany

2006 Cover of Alo MagazineTarkan Deluxe had previously reported an exclusive interview with Tarkan by Avo Yermagyan.

Yermagyan has very kindly provided Tarkan Deluxe with another exclusive, the three page spread that appeared in the 2006 summer edition of US ALO magazine.

Speaking frankly to Yermagyan, who also wrote the biography found at Universal Germany's official site for the singer, Tarkan talked about his career and the decision to pursue his dream of singing in English.

"I ran away from it many times and decided to keep singing in Turkish only, but I couldn't do it. My instincts always forced me to follow my dreams, and so I did. Even though it took me a long time, I completed [Come Closer] finally and I'm proud of it", Tarkan said.

Avo article"I'm in a new place in my life and don't just want to be the guy that's known for shaking his hips on stage. People have come to expect that with me, yet I have so much more to offer. To me it's all in the music."

Revealing in the interview that his current favourite track from Come Closer is the opening track "Just Like That", Tarkan also stressed that, "I did what I had to do and in making this album, I made my dream a reality. It's not about record sales and it's not about awards, it's about my music. I'm now free!"

You can read Yermagyan's full write-up about Tarkan here.

<< The Drum Project | Tarkan News Index | Shakes Independence Square >>

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.