Manifesto Translations Prose & Poetry Letters to B Musings Words Culture & Music Other Works Copyright
Official Site Q & A Biography Discography Concert Reports Magazine Reports Articles News Reports News Videos Pictures Pick of the Day Links

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Year of Healing

New YearIt is customary at this time of year to look forward with some retrospection - that is to look towards the new year while looking back at the old.

Our wishes for the new year will sometimes be dictated by those previous highlights of the old, and - looking back at the news headlines of 2006 - maybe it is pertinent to hope that this year will be a year of healing.

Let us hope that strife is lessened and that the trek to respect begins in 2007 - with ourselves, each other and the world in which we live.

I also want to thank all those - almost three hundred in total - who sent me seasonal messages or cards this year. Even though I do not personally send such greetings, I am still amazed that this blog, now in its third year, still gets the response it does.

I have accepted these warm wishes with a full heart. On behalf of the other writers and friends that have contributed to Tarkan Deluxe, I thank you.

The best present I can give to you is this blog.

The best present you can give to me is to do your utmost to try and lead long and healthy lives - full of the joy that we can find in even the smallest things, as long as we take the time to look.

See you all in 2007.

<< Want to read more about what I have to say?

Creative Commons License

© CC License 2004-14. Unless otherwise stated all poetry, prose and art are the original work of the blog owner.