Countdown to Manavgat Festival
With 15 days left until the start of the 15th Barış Suyu Turkish Culture and Tourism Festival in Manavgat, Antalya, on 19 June this year, the Cihan News Agency has now released a list of the international radio stations that are scheduled to broadcast from the tourism summerfest - with the Ukraine reportedly sending the most radio stations with seven representatives.
It had previously been reported that Tarkan's performance is also scheduled to be aired by attending international radio stations simultaneously across the globe, including cultural stations from France, the US and UK.
Set between the dates 19-21 June 2008, it's planned for Tarkan to make an appearance on the final day of the festival. Organisers are expecting a record turnout as attendance is free of charge.
World Radios at Manavgat
Here are some of the major radio stations scheduled to broadcast at the festival from the list as released by Cihan.
- USA - Radio Free Asia, Voice of America
- UK - Global Radio
- Spain - Radio La Cadena SER, EFE
- France - Radio Orient, Radio Monte Carlo, Radio France International
- Belgium - Radio Ham
- Germany - Deutsche Welle
- Finland - Radio Basso
- Bulgaria - Radio Romantika
- Ukraine - Europa Plus, Retro FM
- United Arab Emirates - Radio Sultanate of Oman
- Malaysia - Hitz FM, Radio Television Malaysia (RTM)