Notes from Tarkan's Cyprus Concert
Headlined as "A Megastar Swept Through Nicosia", the short article writes in the aftermath of the Tarkan-fever that had gripped the island, with notes from the high octane concert organised by the Turkish Nicosia municipality as part of their summer festivities.
Reporting that Tarkan had come to the island after completing an album in America almost ready for release, Kablan gives some details about the show, where proceeds of ticket sales will go to help cancer sufferers in Cyprus.
His notes include:
- Tarkan made his entrance from underneath the stage via an elevator, making the near ten thousand crowd scream and shake the stadium.
- The artist appeared with his customary black sleeveless vest, and during a short interval changed to a white top.
- It was revealed that Tarkan had cancelled his tour in America to perform for his fans in Cyprus.
- To date, Tarkan's concert became the biggest concert ever produced by the Turkish municipality.
- Many known names, including top judges and businessmen, in legal and business circles were at the event.
- Forty-two reporters from the Cypriot press attended the event, along with a number of reporters from the Turkish press.
- The final firework display lasted three minutes.
- After giving fans a night to remember on 3 October, Tarkan left the island early the next morning.
Tarkan on stage at the Ataturk Stadium in Nicosia, 3 October 2009